Patient Visitation Policy
Visiting hours start at 2:00 p.m. and end promptly at 7:00 p.m. daily.
Guidelines for patient visitation have been issued by the NYS Department of Health. The following safety protocols have been put in place in order to best protect our patients, staff and visitors.
- Visitors will be asked to sanitize their hands, issued a new surgical face mask that must be worn throughout the visit and must also maintain social distancing while with the patient.
- Each patient is permitted 2 visitors a day, but only 1 person can visit at a time. Once a visitor leaves, that visit has ended for the day and the visitor cannot return until the next day.
- Due to the small size of the hospital lobby, seating is extremely limited. If you are waiting for another visitor to come down so that you can go up, please plan for the possibility of having to wait outside or elsewhere.
- Visitors will undergo symptom and temperature screening upon entering the lobby of the hospital and will be required to provide contact information for contact tracing purposes.
- Please do not arrive later than 6:45 p.m. because visitation ends promptly at 7:00 p.m.
- When visiting hours are over, all visitors must promptly leave the Hospital.
- Visitors cannot eat or drink during the visit.
- Once in the hospital, visitors must remain in the patient’s room during their visit.
- Visitors must be 16 years of age and older.
- Please be sure to check out in the lobby when you leave so that a second visitor can visit.
- Anyone who does not adhere to these guidelines will be required to leave the hospital.
We look forward to welcoming you to Burke!