Richard S. Novitch, M.D.
Richard Novitch, M.D. oversees Burke’s renowned Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program, leading a team of clinicians who assist him in managing a patient’s plan of recovery. He treats a range of breathing ailments—from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease to pulmonary tract deficiencies and mild to severe respiratory failure.
Dr. Novitch also treats patients with cardiac impairments, complications and post-cardiac surgery recovery. Along with leading the inpatient Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program, Dr. Novitch heads Burke’s Outpatient Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program and the Outpatient Cardiac Rehab Program. In addition, he is an assistant professor of internal medicine and pulmonary critical care at Burke’s academic affiliate, Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City.
Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Critical Care, Weill Cornell Medical College
- B.S., Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 1979
- M.D., Universidad del Noreste, Tampico, Mexico 1983
- Fifth Pathway, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 1984
- Internship, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 1985
- Residency, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 1987
- Fellowship, Pulmonary Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 1987-1989