Dementia and Memory Loss Services and Treatments
Under the direction of Pasquale Fonzetti, M.D., Ph.D., Burke expert physicians conduct a detailed examination focusing on memory problems, possible causes, and specialized verbal and written testing. Specialized services performed for dementia and memory loss include:
- Pre-evaluation screening and intake
- Detailed history with a physical examination and neurological exam
- Formal neuropsychological evaluation of cognitive function
- Diagnostic neurological imaging (CT, MRI and PET scans)
- Clinical laboratory screen to exclude reversible causes of cognitive decline
- Caregiver assessment & assistance
- Behavioral evaluation and management
- Routine neurological and neurobehavioral follow up
- Coordination with appropriate therapy services such as neuropsychology and speech pathology to develop a comprehensive care plan.
For more information, call (914) 597-2332.