Burke’s programs, services and our outstanding patients are regularly featured in local and national news outlets and publications. Here, we’ve rounded up a few of the recent places where Burke has been featured to highlight the wonderful work that our physicians, therapists and staff do every day.
- Dr. Mary Beth Walsh, Burke’s Executive Medical Director and CEO was featured in a series on the Daily Voice called “Daily Voice Leaders,” where she discussed the types of illnesses and injuries treated here, our program model and why patients choose Burke. The whole interview can be viewed here.
- Dr. Barry Jordan, Burke’s Assistant Medical Director contributed to a story in Advance, which discussed traumatic brain injury rehabilitation and how an interdisciplinary team approach to rehab helps patients achieve better outcomes. To access the full story, click here.
- Dr. Pasquale Fonzetti, the Director of Burke’s Memory Evaluation and Treatment Service (METS), was featured in a piece in the Westchester Business Journal, which discussed his recent appointment to director of the METS program and what the program offers. To read the full piece, click here.
- Elizabeth Dominick, PT, DPT, NCS, program director for the Spinal Cord Injury/Neurological Program, wrote a piece in a recent issue of U.S. News & World Report about helmet safety and how to keep kids safe from concussions. To read the entire piece, click here.
- Former Burke patient Lucille Grippo’s remarkable story was featured in the Ithaca Journal. The piece tells how she was revived after 35 minutes without a pulse—and went on to do her rehabilitation here at Burke. The full story can be accessed here.
To keep up-to-date on the latest Burke news, like us on Facebook at facebook.com/burkerehab.