Richard S. Novitch, M.D.
Richard Novitch, M.D. oversees Burke’s renowned Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program, leading a team of clinicians who assist him in managing a patient’s plan of recovery. He treats a range of breathing ailments—from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease to pulmonary tract deficiencies and mild to severe respiratory failure.
Dr. Novitch also treats patients with cardiac impairments, complications and post-cardiac surgery recovery. Along with leading the inpatient Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program, Dr. Novitch heads Burke’s Outpatient Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program and the Outpatient Cardiac Rehab Program.
- B.S., Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 1979
- M.D., Universidad del Noreste, Tampico, Mexico 1983
- Fifth Pathway, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 1984
- Internship, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 1985
- Residency, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 1987
- Fellowship, Pulmonary Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 1987-1989