Burke Rehabilitation Hospital, through its affiliation with the Montefiore Health System, offers acute rehabilitation programs and services to patients from all around the world. Patients who are in New York to receive treatment or who are undergoing surgery at one of the Montefiore-affiliated hospitals can, if medically appropriate, receive rehabilitation at Burke following discharge. Montefiore has a dedicated team of experts who can help patients navigate the process, such as travel and interpreter services. Their expertise helps take the burden off the family when a health crisis arises.
Burke provides international patients access to rehabilitation programs for:
In addition to Burke’s world class therapy programs, Burke also strives to make our international patients feel close to home by offering:
- Private and semi-private rooms
- A beautiful, 61-acre campus
- Translation services
- Daily and weekly activities through the therapeutic recreation department
- Recreational rooms, including a library and lounge areas
- Accommodations for special dietary needs when possible
- Access to additional services such as nutritionists, neuropsychologists and more
- Family education programs
- Opportunities for families to spend time with their loved ones on campus
When available, Burke offers on-campus accommodations for international patients and their families with a full kitchen, bathroom and more. If no accommodations are available, there are various hotels in the area that offer a Burke discount.
For more information, contact Irene Gebrael, Ph.D. the Manager of the Montefiore International Department at email@example.com, or visit montefiore.org/international.