Burke will be offering 2- and 4-week electives to medical students from accredited medical schools in traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke and general rehabilitation.
To be considered, you must have:
- Driver's License/Passport**
- COVID Vaccine Card**
- Updated CV**
- Letter of Good Standing from your school**
- Medical Clearance
- Malpractice insurance certification
Foreign Medical Graduates
- Medical School Diploma
- ECFMG Certification
Medical school rotation coordinators can send applications to:
Phone: (914) 597-2522
Burke will be participating in two Association of Academic Physiatrists (AAP) programs for medical students:
- Rehabilitation Research Experience for Medical Students (RREMS): 1st and 2nd year medical students can participate in a research project for eight consecutive weeks during their summer break and present their findings at the following AAP Annual Meeting. Selected students will be mentored in research processes and scientific writing. They receive a stipend of $4,000 from the AAP to meet their expenses. For further information, click here.
- Medical Student Summer Clinical Externship (MSSCE): Medical students are invited to apply for an eight week summer externship during their summer break. They will follow a pre-designed curriculum and present a case report at the next AAP annual meeting. Successful students will receive a stipend of $4,000 from the AAP to meet their expenses. For further information, click here.