The holiday season is in full swing, and for many, that means taking the time to reflect on the past year and all that has been accomplished, and to look forward and plan for the next year.
We here at Burke also take the time to do that. Burke’s doctors, nurses, therapists and staff work together every day to ensure that all patients make the fullest possible recovery—and we continued to make strides throughout 2016. With the support of our wonderful teams—as well as donors like you—we were able to accomplish great things this year.
Here’s a look at a few of them:
- New Outpatient Clinic Opened: Burke opened its seventh outpatient clinic in Armonk, NY, bringing Burke closer to you and your family.
- Burke Became a Teaching Hospital: Burke introduced a new ACGME-approved physical medicine and rehabilitation residency program that continues Burke’s tradition of training the next generation of medical rehabilitation professionals.
- Launched a Neurological Care Management Program: The Lily and David Ju Care Management Program launched, providing neurological patients, their loved ones and caregivers with counseling and resources to aid in their recovery after they have been discharged from the hospital.
- Expanded Inpatient Neurological Program: The Neurological Inpatient Program was expanded by 30 beds, enabling Burke to treat more patients who have been severely impacted by stroke, traumatic brain injury or other neurological disease.
And we’re hoping to continue our progress as we move into 2017. With a donation to the Burke Annual Fund, you help us build new programs and expand existing services to benefit our patients. In addition to supporting the programs listed above, your year-end donation will help fund some of the innovative programs we have planned for 2017, such as:
- Further expansion of our outpatient services in White Plains
- New equipment for patients who are regaining their ability to walk
- Adding additional slots to train the future leaders in rehabilitative medicine
Consider making Burke a partner in your year-end giving by making a donation to our Annual Fund today. Together, we can accomplish great things.
For more information and to make a donation, visit www.burke.org/donate.