The Burke-Blythedale Hemiplegia Center is a multidisciplinary center where children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy can receive expert medical care and participate in state-of-the-art rehabilitation research.
What does the Burke-Blythedale Hemiplegia Center offer?
- Full assessments for children with hemiplegia.
- Referrals to therapies and treatments, including physical, occupational, speech, and vision therapies.
- Treatment of spasticity and joint contractures.
- Enrollment in cutting-edge clinical research trials, including robotic therapy, intensive hand therapy, and non-invasive brain stimulation.
Intensive Hand Therapy • Robotic Therapy • Non-Invasive Brain Stimulation
What is it like to participate in our research?
- Take a tour of our lab and hear what kids have to say in the video introduction below.
- Learn more about our research procedures in the downloadable brochures to the right.
Center Leadership Team
Jason Carmel, M.D., Ph.D.
Director, Motor Recovery Lab, Burke
Joelle Mast, Ph.D., M.D.
Chief Scientific Officer, Blythedale
Kathleen M. Friel, Ph.D.
Director, Cerebral Palsy Research Laboratory, Burke
Julie Knitter, O.T.R.
Director, Occupational Therapy, Blythedale