The Burke Medical Research Institute (BMRI) is committed to overseeing the conduct of research in a manner that ensures the integrity of the research process and maintains the public trust and that of sponsors in the integrity and credibility of its faculty, its staff, and its research programs. As an academic affiliate of Weill Cornell Medical College (WCMC), we abide by WCMC's Policy on Financial Conflict of Interest Related to Research, which complies with the Public Health Service (PHS) regulations on Responsibility of Applicants for Promoting Objectivity in Research for which PHS Funding is Sought [(42 C.F.R. Part 50, Subpart F) and Responsible Prospective Contractors (45 C.F.R. Part 94)].
WCMC's Policy on Financial Conflict of Interest Related to Research >
BMRI will make available within 5 business days upon receipt of a request as described below, information concerning Significant Financial Interest (SFI) disclosed to BMRI that meets the following criteria:
- The individual for whom information is sought, is identified by BMRI in the grant application, progress report, or any other required report submitted to the NIH as a senior/key personnel on an NIH grant or cooperative agreement for which a notice of award was issued on or after August 24, 2012;
- The SFI is still held by the senior/key personnel for the NIH-funded research project;
- BMRI has determined that the SFI is related to the NIH-funded research; and
- BMRI has determined that the SFI is a Financial Conflict of Interest.
If your request meets the conditions outlined above, please follow the instructions below:
- Complete this form for each SFI for which you are seeking information. Incomplete forms will not be considered and will not be responded to.
- Print, sign and attach a scanned copy to an email. The title of the email should be: "Public request for information regarding NAME OF INVESTIGATOR on NIH AWARD #". Send the email with attachment to email@example.com.
- Alternatively you can print the completed form, sign and send it by regular mail to:
Office of Grants Management
Burke-Cornell Medical Research Institute
785 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, NY 10605
BMRI will respond via email to the email address provided in the form. If a paper copy is required, please enclose a self- addressed, postage paid envelope. Mailed responses will be postmarked no later than five (5) days after receiving a valid request (as described above) at the email address or the mailing address provided above.