We encourage your comments on Burke Rehabilitation Hospital's social media pages and website, and hope you will participate in our online community. While we welcome your participation, please realize that we are unable to respond to every comment that is posted. Also, due to privacy concerns, we ask that you please refrain from posting comments or questions regarding individual medical cases, patients, and all related conditions, treatment and medical information as these are not appropriate topics for unsecured, public forum, electronic communications.
Burke reserves the right to remove comments that it believes are inappropriate for whatever reason, including those that violate the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), those that disparage any individual or organization, those that are offensive or inappropriate in nature, and those that promote a commercial product.
We expect a basic level of civility and common sense from our online community; mutual respect is mandatory, and profanity and offensive or abusive language is not permitted. Use good judgment and strive for accuracy in your online communications. Also, please keep in mind that if you post something complimentary about the Hospital, we reserve the right to use it in our materials to help promote Burke through other means.
By posting anything on Burke-sponsored social media forums, websites or blogs, you are agreeing to give Burke Rehabilitation Hospital the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, adapt, publish, publicly display, edit, modify, delete, translate, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose, in any form, and on any media. You also agree that you will not post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights. We ask that you please respect copyright laws and that you reference or cite sources appropriately. Plagiarism in any form is prohibited.
Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, offensive, or embarrassing to any other person or entity is prohibited. Burke Rehabilitation hospital reserves the right to determine what material is appropriate for its social media, website and blogs, and to remove any material that it, in its sole discretion, determines is inappropriate.
Sharing information that is confidential or proprietary about the hospital and/or its patients, employees, physicians, partners and vendors in not allowed.
Referring to hospital patients, clients, partners or vendors without their express consent is also not allowed. Users are prohibited from publishing medical, health or personal information of any kind regarding a patient of Burke Rehabilitation Hospital.
Identifying any individuals (other than yourself) by name, without their explicit permission is also prohibited. This includes current and former patients, hospital personnel and physicians.
The following is also prohibited from being posted on any Burke-sponsored site:
- Posting advertisements or solicitations of any kind.
- Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonating another person, or attributing your comments to another individual.
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Posting the same note more than once, or post any form of "spam."
- Posting material that transmits viruses, causes pop-ups, attempts to install software, or otherwise impacts the site and/or its readers with malicious code.
- Engaging in any activity that interferes with or disrupts Burke Rehabilitation Hospital's servers and networks.
- Attempting to access Burke Rehabilitation Hospital's online services or platforms by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Burke Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Using Burke Rehabilitation Hospital's trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and/or other distinctive brand features.
In addition, you agree to:
Recognize that you are legally responsible for everything you write or present online. You also agree to indemnify Burke Rehabilitation Hospital as explained below, against any legal liability that may arise as a result of your participation in its social media, networking sites and/or blogs.
Show proper consideration for others' privacy and for topics that may be considered objectionable or inflammatory (such as politics and religion).
Burke Rehabilitation Hospital reserves the right in its sole discretion (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal, offensive, defamatory, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to this policy.
- Terminate a user's access to the website, blog, affiliated sites or social media platforms upon any breach of this policy.
- Edit or delete any communication posted on the website, blog, affiliated sites or social media platforms, regardless of whether such communication violates these standards.
- Change the terms of this social media and website communication policy.
- Finally, you agree that you will indemnify Burke Rehabilitation Hospital against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted on Burke Rehabilitation Hospital's social media, networking sites and/or blogs.
By posting on any of Burke Rehabilitation Hospital's social media platforms, sites or blogs, you hereby agree to these terms.