Burke Rehabilitation Hospital appreciates all the support caregivers provide for their loved ones and knows caregivers need support in turn. As part of Stroke Awareness Month, Burke is hosting an evening centered on caregivers.
“Focus on the Caregiver: An Evening for You” will bring together an expert panel to help answer questions and promote discussion on important care-giving topics. The evening’s events include:
- A talk on “My Loved One’s Stroke: How to Cope,” presented by Mark Herceg, Ph.D., director of the Neuropsychology Program at Burke.
- Panel discussion and Q&A session with:
- Dr. Herceg
- Maureen Isaia, LMSW, social worker/case manager for the Stroke Program at Burke
- Roseann Cardi, RN, BSN, CRRN, nurse manager for Burke’s Stroke Program
- Judie Meisels and Helen Goodman, support group co-leaders of Burke’s Well Spouse Support Group
- A relaxation exercise led by Alexandra Oudheusden, director of Therapeutic Recreation at Burke.
Focus on the Caregiver will be held in the Rosedale Conference Room on the 2ndfloor of the Billings Building, bldg 4, on Burke’s main campus at 785 Mamaroneck Ave. in White Plains.
For more information or to register, contact Lisa Edelstein at (914) 597-2256 or email email@example.com.