Burke Rehabilitation Hospital's Assistant Medical Director Barry Jordan, M.D., M.P.H., is giving the keynote presentation at the Sports Medicine & Athletic Performance Symposium on April 27. Dr. Jordan, who is also the director of the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program, will be talking about the latest developments in concussion management.
Hosted by Northern Westchester Hospital, the event is geared towards physical therapists, athletic trainers, nurses, athletic directors, coaches and personal trainers. Continuing education credits are available.
Along with Dr. Jordan's presentation, the symposium includes sessions on:
Upper Extremity Injuries in Athletes
- Shoulder Instability & Slap Tears: How to keep athletes throwing
- Advances in Managing Rotator Cuff Tears: Evaluating, treating and returning to play
- Sideline Evaluation of Common Wrist and Hand Injuries: Getting back into the game
Lower Extremity Injuries to Athletes
- Overcoming Angle Sprains and Foot Injuries in Athletes
- Understanding Hip Injuries: Current advances in hip arthroscopy
- An Update on Common Athletic-Related Knee Injuries
Spinal Injuries and Rehabilitation
- Lower Back Pain in Young Athletes
- Returning to Play After Cervical Disc Injury
- On Field Management of Acute Cervical Injury: Stabilization and Transportation
The event will be held at Northern Westchester Hospital at Chappaqua Crossing, 480 Bedford Rd. in Chappaqua.
There is $39 registration fee for non NWH staff. Pre-registration is required and can be submitted online. For more information, contact Teresa Alongi at (914) 666-1295 or send her an email.