The event will be held in collaboration with the Bronx-Westchester Academy of Family Physicians (BWAFP), on Oct. 7 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Rosedale Conference Room in the Billings Building of the Burke campus at 785 Mamaroneck Avenue in White Plains.
The day-long event is designed for family physicians, other primary care physicians, family medicine residents, family medicine interest group (FMIG) students, school nurses, therapists, athletic trainers and coaches.
PRELIMINARY PROGRAM SCHEDULE AND DETAILS
This program is subject to change or cancellation.
Course Director: Sudhir Vaidya, MD, FRCS(G), FAAFP
Burke Rehabilitation Hospital:
- Sudhir Vaidya, MD (also faculty at NYMC and AECOM Dept of Family Medicine)
- Patricia Coar, CNM, RD, MPH
- Dermot Cashman, ATC
- Barry Jordan, MD, MPH
- Heather Metz, DPT, CSCS
- Wil Siegel, PT, DPT, Cert. MDT
- Alexandra Oudheusden, MS, CTRS, RYT
New York Medical College:
- Michael Cicatelli, RSA, OPA-C
Albert Einstein College of Medicine:
Morning program line-up:
- 8:30 to 9 AM: Breakfast
- 9:00 to 9:20 AM: Welcome Address and Essentials of Sports Medicine - Sudhir Vaidya MD
- 9:20 to 9:40 AM: Nutrition Advice for Young Athletes - Patricia Coar, CNM RD MPH
- 9:40 to 10:00 AM: Collaborating with Athletic Trainer - Dermot Cashman, ATC
- 10:00 to 10:20 AM: Managing Sports Concussion and Return to Play Decisions - Barry Jordan, MD
- 10:20 to 10:40 AM: Physical Therapies of Sports Injuries - Heather Metz, DPT, CSCS
- 10:40 to 11:20 AM: Taping Workshop, Burke Physical Therapists Led by Wil Siegel, RPT
- 11:20 AM to 12:00 PM: Soft Tissue and Joint Injection Workshop - Sudhir Vaidya, MD
- 12:00 to 1:00 PM: Yoga for Sports and Health - Alexandra Oudheusden, MS, CTRS, RYT, followed by Barbecue near Wheel Chair Tracks.
Afternoon program line-up
- 1:30 to 3:30 PM: Concurrent sessions
- Casting and Splinting Workshop - Michael Cicatelli, RSA, OPA-C
- SAM workshop - Bob Morrow MD, Computer Education Room
- 3:30: BWAFP Board meeting
Application for this program is in process for 5 Prescribed Credit Hours by, the American Academy of Family Physicians.
The event costs $30 but is complimentary to the first 50 registrants who are AAFP, NYSAFP and BWAFP members; family medicine residents; family medicine interest group (FMIG) students; or Burke Rehabilitation Hospital Employees. To register, go to bwafp.org and pay via PayPal or send a $30.00 check made payable to “BWAFP” along with your name, designation, address, phone and email to: Sudhir Vaidya, M.D., Burke Rehabilitation Hospital, 785 Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains, NY 10605.
Pay Pal remittances will be annulled or checks will be returned at the conference upon attendance to eligible free registrants. The maximum capacity for the event is 65 and registrations will be accepted on a first come-first serve basis. For more information, contact Dr. Vaidya at (914) 597-2836 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.