Did You Know?
- 700,000 Americans will suffer a stroke this year.
- Stroke is the # 3 cause of death in the U.S.
- Someone in the U.S. dies every 3.3 minutes from stroke.
- Stroke is the leading cause of disability in adults in the U.S.
- 4 million Americans are living with the after-effects of stroke.
Please join us for Stroke Awareness Day!
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
(Lunch will be provided)
Burke Rehabilitation Hospital
785 Mamaroneck Avenue
Wood Building (enter through main lobby)
White Plains, New York
Come learn about:
- Healthy Living for Stroke Prevention
- Signs and Symptoms of Stroke
- Treatment Options for Stroke Survivors
- Managing Complications After a Stroke
- The Caregiver’s Role
Get information about Stroke Prevention, Stroke Recovery and Stroke Rehabilitation at the exhibit hall, which will feature service providers, support groups and health care professionals!*
This event is free and open to the public. However, pre-registration is required. Please contact Lisa Edelstein, OT at (914) 597-2256 for additional information or to register.
*Program and participants subject to change