Position Requisition# PHARM15-101
The Burke Rehabilitation Hospital is highly recognized rehabilitation and research facility conveniently located in White Plains, NY. Our team works together at all levels to maximize our patients’ independence. Through the dedication of our people, we have earned a national reputation for excellence in physical rehabilitation. Our Staff is part of a dedicated team of professionals whose focus is to provide a caring and nurturing environment for our patients. Recognizing that our employees are an integral part of the patients’ overall success, Burke prides itself on hiring the most skilled and dedicated professionals.
We are currently seeking experienced Pharmacists for perdiem coverage. Hours of pharmacy operation are as follows: 7:30am -9:00pm weekdays, 10:00am-6:00pm weekends, 8:00am– 4:00pm Holidays. Candidates must have a flexible schedule to work on an as needed basis.
1. Reviews written prescriptions to determine ingredients needed and to assure that overdoses have not been prescribed or that toxic compounds will not result from combining ingredients.
2. Participate in the procurement, distribution, and control of all pharmaceuticals.
3. Prepares sterile products (i.e., I.V. Admixtures) utilizing aseptic technique.
4. Assess, plan and monitor medication regimens.
5. Counsel patients on appropriate use of medications (group and individual counseling).
6. Maintains inventory of pharmaceuticals and supplies, storing under proper conditions of refrigeration and security.
7. Evaluate and disseminate comprehensive drug information to clinicians and patients.
8. Oversees inventory and purchasing of supplies for Department.
9. Maintains computerized, confidential records of patient’s medication therapies.
10. Participate in medical and pharmaceutical research.
11. Performs other duties as directed by Chief Pharmacist
Requirements include minimum of a Bachelors degree along with current NYS licensure. Minimum of one year experience strongly preferred. Hospital experience is preferred. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Burke offers a supportive work environment and by joining our team you will become part of an established, well known provider of quality healthcare services focused on Service Excellence in all that we do.
Please send resume to email@example.com